keskiviikko 8. joulukuuta 2010

Day Twenty

Core
Sleeptime: 2:50-6:00
REM: 35 min
Deep: 55 min

Well I almost equalled yesterdays REM with simply the core today. Expecting more REM from the naps as well. Yesterday we got crazy amounts of deep from the core, today we're having to settle for a little less.

Nap 1
Sleeptime: 8:05-8:30
REM: 20 min
Deep: 0 min

A solid nap. I woke up in the middle of it though, but only very briefly.

Okay now it's the end of this wake-phase and I'm really dead. Lucky that it's so close to sleeping time.

Nap 2
Sleeptime: 11:40-12:00
REM: 15 min
Deep: 0 min

A tough nap both before and after due to tiredness but at least nothing special happened in the end.

Nap 3
Sleeptime: 17:05-17:25
REM: 5 min
Deep: 0 min

It started with a short bit of REM, then proceeded back to light sleep. Pretty standard stuff.

Nap 4
Sleeptime: 22:30-22:45
REM: 5 min
Deep: 0 min

I was a bit late, but I hope that won't affect too much. I simply again lost the concept of time a bit, luckily I noticed it early enough. Nap in itself was pretty standard, but I struggled a bit to get up from it.

Total sleep 4h 30 min
REM: 75 min
Deep: 55 min

A slightly long core and no naps that fell short meant that my total sleep was in it's highest since day 12, if you don't count the oversleeping days. In terms of REM and deep sleep it was nothing special. Decentish. I felt still very tired at times today.

From this moment on I feel like I need to start quantifying a bit my progress with the adaptation. I don't introduce the old system with Mental & Tiredness number, instead I'll rate every phase with a simple 1-5 feel number.
5 = I feel normal and there was no tiredness during this phase.
4 = I don't feel outright tired, but I'm not at my freshest either.
3 = There was some moments of slight tiredness.
2 = Multiple moments of fatigue and very little productivity.
1 = I felt extremely tired and started nodding or the whole phase was slight struggle with tiredness.

With these, I aim to do average daily feeling number and average for each phase to give me some useful data to more easily compare and contrast the different days. It should start to get easier every day, but it's a slow and very subtle process, that these numbers hopefully help me to assess.

I'll also move to using spreadsheet for my data, so I don't really know how I'm going to distribute the data in the blog from now on. I guess I'll post the key stats and key feelings during the day, but it's gonna be much more condensed as I don't feel like typing all the data twice. Up until now I've just directly recorded data in this written form.

I guess it's gonna seem like this:
Example Nap
Phase rating: 4

I slept as usual and felt fine blahblahblah...

Example Nap 2
Phase Rating: 1

This nap sucked, I only slept 5 minutes and it was blah. Then I felt like death blah.

Well I guess that's not much more condensed at all. I wish my average descriptions were as vivid as in examples. I'll still keep track of the waking times, total sleeps and such and will be posting daily totals as usual, but I just don't think anyone cares about them and I'm aiming to concentrate more on verbal descriptions. I mean if I'm going to say anyway, that "I was a bit late for the nap", then why bother with the exact times? Usually I explain my mistakes anyway in the text so if something out of ordinary happens, it is going to show up there anyway.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti