lauantai 4. joulukuuta 2010

Day Sixteen

Core

Sleeptime: 3:00-5:30, 5:50-7:30

Yeah, I won't bother with the numbers because of the oversleep. I was supertired as usual waking up from my core so I wasn't thinking straight. I tried to stay up, but my thoughts got the better of me and for some reason, I didn't even have any alarms on. Luckily I don't sleep for long anymore. Timewise I couldn'¨t care less about this, but it's frustrating to have your streak ruined and possibly take a small setback.

Perhaps it's still too early to go proclaiming yourself success... I need to figure out a plan for those supertired waking ups. That said, it's one thing to have a plan and a whole other thing to actually implement it while being braindead.

I'm going to stay up for the 7:30-8:00 break and then go to my first nap as usual. I guess it's lucky that I didn't oversleep so much that I'd lose the first nap. I have to keep mantaining the usual schedule. However, I guess I'll be trying a WILD really hard, so hard that it could stifle my attempt to fall asleep. It shouldn't matter with the oversleep.

Finally it should be mentioned that my core was shorter than usual because SmartWake woke me up early. Timewise I've only slept maximum of 1½ hours of extra. I don't know how accurate that estimation I have of the time I went back to sleep is, probably optimistic in a sense that I didn't really stay up that long. Still this ought to set me back a bit. It just goes to prove that Everyman adaptation is a long process.

I have an event coming up soon and I'd really need to be as adapted as possible before that. Because of that, I absolutely can't allow any more oversleep for the next two weeks. I have to work that into my brain.

I guess one way could be leaving MW2 just on and instantly after alarm goes off no thoughts, just instantly up and at your computer and throw yourself into the match. Just have this routine that you automatically do this to ease up the first half an hour or so. Once you're up it's easy to stay up, especially since getting your ass handed to you in MW should stimulate your brains.

I'd end up playing a lot of MW2 but I need the practice in that anyway! So it's a win-win situation...

Nap 1
Sleeptime 8:30-8:40
REM: 5 min
Deep: 0 min

I ended up having a bit longer break than I wrote earlier, but it didn't change the fact that I hardly got to sleep. Which is fine considering the earlier oversleep.

Nap 2
No data

I slept for 25 minutes at the normal time. Zeo didn't record the data for some reason - or it just dissapeared from the screen as I put the headband docked on it.

Nap 3
Sleeptime 17:05-17:20
REM: 5 min
Deep: 0 min

Relatively refreshing nap here. A bit on the shorter side though.

I've been thinking about the SmartWake lately and I have to say that it really isn't as useful as I hoped for. Today morning was one of the rare instances it woke me and I definitely wasn't ready for waking then. That said, I'm not completely giving up on it. I'm just shortening the timescale it can wake me up so it wakes me up max 20 minutes early. I'll be heading to sleep 2:30-2:45 as well, as I usually take some time to fall asleep for my core. But there's still the fourth nap of today to take care of first.

Nap 4
Sleeptime: 22:10-22:25
REM: 5 min
Deep: 0 min

Zeo again cut some data off as I woke up just before the alarm and quickly set it ready for the core - therefore shifting the time display. So that I slept for 15 minutes is just guessing. I was a long time in a different state of mind, but awake. It's cool as the room was full of distractions, yet I managed to drift off.

No total data for the day as there was too much unrecorded data.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti