lauantai 28. elokuuta 2010

Day Seventeen

Day 17.1
Naptime: 1:50 - 2:05, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 394h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 1
Time since last oversleep: 2h 40 min

It's great to start again and with emotional reset in full effect I might as well think that I'm starting right now. My REM percentage hits the roof on every occasion after oversleeping.

Day 17.2
Naptime: 5:55 - 6:10, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 398h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 2
Time since last oversleep: 6h 40 min

No REM and if traditions are anything to go by I'm gonna struggle during this phase and for next couple of naps. For now I feel fine though.

Yeah.. So now it's still one hour to go in this phase and I'm pretty fucked. If I continue sitting (without typing), I'll be likely to fall asleep. *One hour later* I never ceased typing and managed despite tiredness getting pretty intense towards the end. Now I'm easing through the last minutes of the phase. Now I just have to handle the next nap without oversleeps. One nap at a time, one nap at a time..

Day 17.3
Naptime: 9:50 - 10:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 402h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 3
Time since last oversleep: 10h 40 min

I remember having a dream, just not what it was about. Pretty standard stuff therefore. I'll start working on my recall once this program gets established, now I have to concentrate on shutting down the alarms too much upon waking up.

Day 17.4
Naptime: 13:50 - 14:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 406h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 4
Time since last oversleep: 14h 40 min

I probably fell asleep for five minutes midway this phase, not even sure about that, but it's such a small flaw that I'm going to just count those five mins to my combined total of nap lenght. Why must everything be so hard all the time?

I again suffered from some microsleeps while watching football. There's still second half to go (and many other matches). If I keep having problems, I'll count that as a failure.

Day 17.5
Naptime: 17:50 - 18:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 410h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 5
Time since last oversleep: 18h 40 min

I kept having some trouble prior this nap with staying awake, but they went away eventually and my tiredness subsided. Third REM today. Looks damn impressive, but I still know that it's only a reaction to yesterday. Or I don't know, the microsleeps during phases might also have their impact.

CRASH OUT!
I overslept for 18 hours. I planned to go on for at least a week from this day, but that oversleep is enough to convince me to have a break. So consider this attempt a failure. What happens next? I'll have normal monophasic hell for some time. I don't know how long. I guess at least a week. That's too short break really, but I don't know how much patience I have when I notice again how super-short those monophasic days are. I might do biphasic for a couple of weeks too. Then I'll have my final attempt (this year) to adjust.

Next attempt plan:
Uberman for around a week - If I oversleep after the week, I'll change it to everyman, which seems to be very doable considering the oversleeps I had in this attempt.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti