torstai 12. elokuuta 2010

Day One

Day 1.1
Naptime: Missed nap
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper* sleep: 9h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 0
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 0 mins

*Proper meaning last sleep over 6 hours.

I decided to add those three lines of information as I'm going to count them anyway, so I'll be making things easier for myself if I just include them straight away. The nap itself was pretty much what was expected: nonexistant. It's just too close to my original waking up, even if I was feeling a bit drowsy before going to bed.

Day 1.2
Naptime: Missed nap
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 13h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 0
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 0 mins

Another miss. I guess it was expected as well. All it did was make me a bit more tired.


Day 1.3
Naptime: 10:20-10:30, 10 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 17h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 1
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 4 hours

My body's still got it. It remembered straight away to awaken very soon after falling asleep. It was restful enough to clear out the most intense tiredness aswell.

Day 1.4
Naptime: 14:25-14:40, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 21h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 2
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 8 hours

Day 1.5
Naptime: 18:25-18:30, 5 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 25h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 3
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 12 hours

It's hard to judge whether you actually slept when you sleep so little. But judging by the amount of time I know I was awake, I couldn't have slept long. It might've been longer than five minutes, but I'm not going to put it down as any longer. Nonetheless, I feel once again pretty refreshed. My poker results though have been terrible. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, I doubt if I'm doing anything wrong, just running bad.

Also after halfway of this way I really felt like hitting a plateau. I was very tired and finding it really hard to do anything productive. Still, I've been happy with my productiveness so far. The hard days are forward though. I won't be demanding as good productiveness on the toughest days, but far superior to what I've had so far during adaptation periods. That also helps me to keep engaged.

Day 1.6
Naptime: 22:25-22:40, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 29h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 4
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 16 hours

This is going really well. Once again I was left a bit unsure whether I actually slept, but all the initial groggyness must mean I slept.

I was supposed to time starting this schedule to perfection with my sister coming home 13th of August. Then she would be around to help me through the toughest times. But looks like I have to deal with it by myself. It will be super-hard, but what can you do? She's not coming home until sunday. Though I'm almost certainly needing help then too.

I've never hit past 12 naps in a row succesfully. Were 1/3 of the way to that. No wonder I'm feeling still very little sleep deprivation. In fact, this has started as the most productive phase so far! And wow, I had an amazing poker session, over 150 dollars of profit. I'm very happy right now. I feel like I'm going to breeze through tomorrows tasks as well.

One thing before I publish this text - In terms of scheduling I'm kinda glad how this start got laid out - I will hit my hard spots eventually, but 48 hours awake will be hit afternoon and as I've said, daytime has been pretty easy for me. I'll be hitting the magical 12th nap, if everything goes well, at day 3.2, and it's morning, which would indicate that at least next four naps then would be easy. I've never made it past that threshold so what lies beyond is unknown. Perhaps I get insane narcolepsy even during daytime. But it's no use thinking about it too much. I just gotta keep in the moment and do the best I can.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti