tiistai 24. elokuuta 2010

Day Thirteen - At Least It's not Friday

Day 13.1
Naptime: 1:50 - 2:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 298h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 11
Time since last oversleep: 41 h 10 mins

Pretty good nap again, absolutely no problems in waking up or anything. Next nap is possibly the most important in the whole experiment. No only I am closing the "magical" 12-nap barrier, it's also the nap that has given me the most trouble so far.

In other news, my mouse broke down. Sucks, but luckily I found a shitty back-up.

Alright instead of feeling zombie all the time like I've felt lately, I've felt pretty good for past couple of phases. Now I am tired once again there's still 1½ hours still naptime. So at least that much there's still to go until the adaptation. Not that worried though, I should be able to weather through this easily. It's not zombie tired, it's some sort of different kind of tired. Hard to explain, but I don't exactly feel like mess in the head, in fact I'm feeling surprisingly clear.

Day 13.2
Naptime: 5:50 - 6:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 302h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 12
Time since last oversleep: 45 h 10 mins

Wohoo! Another REM! I don't remember much of the dream but just enough to deem my sleep REM. Surprisingly easy nap from which to get up. Now I can't wait for the next nap to see if this continues. I feel more groggy than earlier on these naps, though.

There was some initial groggyness, but I repelled it by having a short 25-minute football session. Now I have to admit, I feel great! I'm still vary off getting ahead of things and I don't think my productivity would be up to even normal (low) standard yet, but on the surface I feel great now.

Football Manager still does the trick - gets me tired every time. I don't know what is it, the passivity of the game or what, but now I'm once again very tired and it's still 2 hours until next nap. Crap!

Hmm. Now I fell asleep. Not for a long time, but anyway. Around 40 minutes? Something like that. It wasn't too long but it was still unplanned nap. Just fell asleep at my computer. I'm somewhat gutted. Let's hope that doesn't set me too far backwards. At least I didn't oversleep for too long. Shame that it sets my counters back to zero.

I mean it was pretty much exactly between my two naps and just about the right lenght. I'd think that it would have the minimal possible damage but you never know. This might ruin it all for me. I'm anxious to see it. I want already be napping.

I don't know. It could've been blessing in disguise and help me cover the accumulated sleep dep faster. But it might also just slower my final adaptation. We'll see during next naps.

Day 13.3
Naptime: 9:45 - 10:15, 30 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: I have no idea.
Time since last proper sleep: 306h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 1
Time since last oversleep: 2h

It was maybe a tad long nap, but I managed to take it fairly easily. Jury is and will be out on what will happen next. I'm hoping for relatively pain-free proceedings.

I had another short session of footie and now I'm again seeing tiredness creeping in. I intend to make sure I don't fall asleep again.

Day 13.4
Naptime: 13:50 - 14:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 310h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 2
Time since last oversleep: 6h

Is that enough? Mmm.. I'd say that it's 40 % chance that I'm adjusting. If I get anothe couple of REMs during next six naps it's certain. But yeah, my fights with my Mom about this schedule carried themselves over to this nights dream. My brother and sister had in the dream took my lead and joined the polyphasic revolution. Therefore alarms were going off left and right and Mom was going insane. That's pretty much it, the whole plot. Then my own real alarm woke me up.

I slept on the sofa and my neck got really hurt. I guess you can break your places even if you only sleep 20 minutes at a time. There's one problem though - I still get insanely tired. I guess it's the sleep deprivation. I have to work it off as much as I can.

Day 13.5
Naptime: 17:50 - 18:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 314h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 3
Time since last oversleep: 10h

Basic nap. I still am a little confused in the afternoons. I don't remember waking up, so I have to make sure everything from my sis and I am constantly suspicious to myself whether I've ruined everything.

Day 13.6
Naptime: 21:50 - 22:00, 10 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Maybe?
Time since last proper sleep: 318h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 4
Time since last oversleep: 14h

Supershort nap, but fairly refreshing. Can't really help it if I just wake up naturally after 10 minutes. Don't know whether I was just visualizing or dreaming.

Another day on the back. I'm feeling pretty good, not monophasic good yet, but it's a big improvement over the constant zombie-mode.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti