torstai 26. elokuuta 2010

Day Fifteen - Oversleeping for a Change

Day 15.1
Naptime: 1:50 - 2:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 346h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 11
Time since last oversleep: 42h

Again no REM that I recalled at least, but still a pretty solid nap. Probably more like 17-18 mins than 20 mins, but anyway, long enough.

Day 15.2
Naptime: 5:50 - 6:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 350h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 12
Time since last oversleep: 46h

I was a bit groggy perhaps upon waking but playing football took care of that again. It has naturally become sort of a habit for me to practise around 20 minutes right after waking up. I really enjoy it for some reason, despite the fact that around this time there's still cold and wet regardless of the weather.

Still no REM (that I recall at least) which indicates that there might be trouble very soon. I know that my overall feeling has not gotten any better since the last shift from zombie-mode to quasi-pleasant. I'm afraid this might be another quite unproducitive day.

PureDoxyk wrote that the first 30 days is the adaptation period so I'm not in a hurry to feel better - especially since I haven't made it this close by exactly adhering to the schedule perfectly. Let's check her "You Know You're Adapting When..." -list and examine what I'm experiencing:
During more and more naps, you're able to:
- Fall asleep quickly [x]
This has been very true, even on those naps where I feel like I won't be getting to sleep quickly enough. I just be silent for a couple of minutes and that's it, I'll be asleep no matter what.
- Sleep deeply [x]
This varies, but the naps do feel long and stuff.
- Wake up feeling refreshed [x]
Not always, but these naps have luckily become more and more regular.
- You begin to dream during your naps.. [x]
Results have varied, but overall I'd say they've gotten more regular too.
- ..eventually during several naps each day []
I did have multiple naps in a day couple of days ago when was my best day, but overall I'm not still getting multiple of these daily. Hopefully soon enough.
- You don't yawn or feel tired during the day, expect when it's almost time for your nap []
I wish. This is overhelmingly not true for me so far. Especially afternoons have been destroying so far. I feel sligtly tired even now.
- You feel clear-headed and wide awake during most of your waking night-time hours [x]
Yes, but I doubt this was what PureDoxyk intended. As I've said many times already, my schedule has been opposite of normal and nights been easy while days are the hard part. During daytime this is not true, but nights feel still mostly good.
- Your memory and motor skills are normal []
Far from it. Memory is a mess, but motor skills are not that long way off, at least not anymore.

When should I start to worry then? Well, If I can make it full week with perfect adherence, in other words 42 naps, then I should get worried, if I'm not pretty much adjusted. That's still many days to wait.

My body works (at times) like a clockwork. Again its little past eight and I'm getting really tired. This is the part where I accidentally slept extra nap couple of days ago. I was tired yesterday as well. So yeah.. This doesn't look good and what I mean by that is that I'm going to have struggles in the afternoon as well if this is exact replication of yesterday.

Day 15.3
Naptime: 9:50 - 11:00, 70 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Probably.
Time since last proper sleep: 354h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 0
Time since last oversleep: 0h

Fuck. First real oversleep in a loong while. I apparently forgot to put volume on my other alarm while sleeping through the other. Nothing super-drastic but still it bothers me a lot.I guess I should be taking things a lot more carefully. But so much for doing a week without mistakes. I guess that's still possible, but I don't know.. My sis will be leaving soon and then I'll be completely exposed again to oversleeps.

I don't know. There was combined total of over 90 hours without sleeping over 50 min once in my two latest run-ins. I don't know, I just don't know. All I can do is not give up.

Day 15.4
Naptime: 13:50 - 14:30, 40 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 358h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 0
Time since last oversleep: 0h

I just didn't care on being just on schedule for this one. I need to get on it again.

Day 15.5
Naptime: 17:50 - 18:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 362h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 1
Time since last oversleep: 3h 40min

Okay, the oversleeps "helped" by giving me REM, but I don't really care that much. All I care is that I'm back on track again.

Day 15.6
Naptime: 21:50 - 22:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Maybe
Time since last proper sleep: 366h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 2
Time since last oversleep: 7h 40min

I'm not sure whether I dreamt, I felt different upon waking up than on my normal non-REM so let's leave it to maybe. A bit harder than usual to get up, but I managed it eventually.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti