perjantai 13. elokuuta 2010

Day Two - Another Imperfection

Day 2.1
Naptime: 2:20-2:40, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 33h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 5
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 20 hours

Groggy awakening, but after that it got soon better. Had a pretty normal poker session, lost a bit, but overall not that bad play.

Day 2.2
Naptime: 6:20-6:40, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 37h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 6
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 24 hours

I felt really groggy after waking up, but insisted on playing poker pretty much straight away. I played pretty bad, but with good run managed to come out pretty must in one piece - broke even. Thing is though that the bliss is over and this is going to start to get harder. I feel harder to start doing stuff. Put I guess it would be best for me if I'd just push through it. I guess I'll go wash the dishes. That's something properly low-brainpower demanding for me right now.

The nap itself was kind of great. I mean I wasn't refreshed or anything and no REM, but still I'm happy with how quickly I got into the swing of things. I can't really replicate naps like this while being monophasic, I never fall asleep as easily.

I'm expecting REM in next nap, I mean I'm due for a one already. If not the next then the fourth nap of the day.

Day 2.3-2.4
Naptime: 10:20-14:40, 4h 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: I guess I had, but no recall
Time since last proper sleep: 45h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 0
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 0 hours

Well weird oversleep - Did I once again put wrong time to get up? I have little recollection of falling asleep, so hard to say. All the counters are back to zero and that was a normal nap in every other sense. So I just made a mistake or what? Someone should be making sense out of all this for me. I mean I got up instantly when the clock alarmed. So frushtrating.

It's back to square one and it seems that it doesn't matter what time is it whether I oversleep. This kind of seems a honest mistake though. But it frushtrates extremely when both alarms are wrong. It instantly hit me that I had overslept when I woke up, but I didon't remember how the hell it happened.

But there's nothing that I can do about it. I just can't dwell on it, gotta move on. Get the productivity back up etc. But god this takes winds outta my sails. Always.

I played a short poker session and made some some supersmall profit. Didn't feel like playing for long for the obvious reasons.

Oversleeping is the most frushtrating opponent of polyphasic sleep. I'm really not that surprised that I did it, but the manner of doing it just disgusts me. I hate dwelling on it, but I can't really help it. I'm glad there's soon enough another nap and the emotional reset.

Day 2.5
Naptime: 18:25-18:30, 5 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 49h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 1
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 4 hours

Weird nap, but I count it as a success. I just physically couldn't sleep any longer than that, but still had some REM. I don't really recall it, but I feel shorty after waking up that I was somewhere else just before that. Besides, I'm insanely refreshed again. I'm also feeling better emotionally now. I really need to stop being so sloppy with my alarm.

I guess it's sad that I keep oversleeping, but the main thing at the moment (that I have to be happy for) is that I'm fully functional and feeling productive. Of course that won't probably be the case in around 24 hours..

I have two theories about when I have the worst trouble:
1) My body reacts to darkness naturally by increasing melatonin production.
2) My body reacts to my normal sleeping time.

So far results seem to indicate towards option 2, though there isn't any decisive evidence. However, I had no trouble last night and overslept during the day. Though it was more of an alarm mistake I guess..

Day 2.6
Naptime: 22:30-22:45, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 53h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 2
Time since last unsuccessful nap: 8 hours

I didn't fall asleep right away, so I gave myself five minutes more to sleep and shifted it a bit later. Now I'm not feeling at all groggy, it was refreshing little nap again.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti