sunnuntai 22. elokuuta 2010

Day Twelve - 100th Message

u3Day 12.1
Naptime: 1:50 - 2:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 274h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 5
Time since last oversleep: 17 h 10 mins

Well, when it comes to holding their end of the bargain, people around me aren't the best. Sis withdrew from waking up with me everytime. Well, too bad, but I still think I can talk her into it once I really need her. Now I'm just not tired enough yet. I have also been forgotting to go for that damn walk to avoid sleep inertia. It's been easy so far though so it haven't been needed, but it would be better to start to form a habit.

Day 12.2
Naptime: 5:50 - 6:05, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 278h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 6
Time since last oversleep: 21 h 10 mins

Immediately upon waking I shrug whatever sleep inertia there was (and there was*) and went to work out first thing in the phase. It was pretty hard but short and intense upper body work out followed by hill sprints. I went to run this 5 km long way and sprinted every uphill there was. Pretty intense stuff. Unfortunately I had to abort it 25 minutes into it as I started to feel really sick. I walked rest of the way home. I wonder if I pushed too far? I've been training irregularly during this and they've been short and not-too-intense, this was more intense and also more lenghty session. This might make rest of the day harder. But I like challenge, right?

* It was really weird in a sense. Like there was some other personality inside my head as well. The other voice kept telling me what to do with my own voice and it was annoying. I knew it was sleep inertia and I wasn't thinking straight, so I ignored those thoughts.

Day 12.3
Naptime: 9:50 - 10:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 282h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 7
Time since last oversleep: 25 h 10 mins

I'm beginning to really tire out. The nap was.. Meh. Didn't really refresh me. In fact, I'm really tired. Looks like I will have to be very active to avoid falling asleep.

Day 12.4
Naptime: 13:50 - 14:05, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 286h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 8
Time since last oversleep: 29 h 10 mins

Another naturally shorter nap. It might've been even shorter than that, but I'm not sure where I fell asleep let's say that it was 15 minutes.

Basicly this has once again become survival game, where I just wait for next nap and try to stay awake. We will soon enter double-digit naps again, but I'm not getting overly excited. I've seen enough failures to know that much isn't needed to ruin everything.

Day 12.5
Naptime: 17:50 - 18:??, Max 30 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 290h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 9
Time since last oversleep: 33 h 10 mins

Pretty awesome nap. I had a REM and felt initially refreshed (even if I got tired along the phase). Now my hopes are starting to go up.. But anyway, it wasn't perfect, as I failed to wake up to my alarm and my sis' methods are too soft. I got up 45 minutes after going to bed, but I didn't sleep all of it and I was awake just after my alarm while sis talked to me. I'm just not sure If I drifted back to sleep for a while after that. Doubt it since I was so refreshed. 45 minutes ought to have made me very groggy.

Day 12.6
Naptime: 21:50 - 22:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 294h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 10
Time since last oversleep: 37 h 10 mins

Another nap that works. I'm feeling very good.

So yeah, that was Twelveth day's last nap and as the header points out, it's already my 100th post on this blog. I guess it's well timed because I'm starting to get hopeful that I am closer than any time before. Following the schedule has been pretty effortless for the past couple of phases and I even laid down for extended period of time without any fear of falling asleep unintenionally. Still I know better than to get carried away. Tomorrow will be crucial and it will show where were heading.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti