perjantai 20. elokuuta 2010

Day Ten - Some Summarizing

Day 10 is about to start. I want to take this time to glance back at my previous attempts that lasted 10+ days:
March attempt: If I count it as a one long attempt which it pretty much was, there was six oversleeps after switching to uberman with combined total of "lotsa" hours. I fucked up often and I fucked up good as there were oversleeps as lengthy as full nights sleep. I'm not botherin to count them. I didn't manage to maintain the schedule much.

July attempt: Five oversleeps for 880 (=13h 20min) minutes in the first ten days. After that there was one oversleep of 260 minutes after which I gave up. Longest adherence to schedule was as pointed out many times, my former record of 12 naps straight. Pretty tame compared to what is needed though.

This attempt: Five oversleeps for 10h 45 min during the first nine days. So if I avoid oversleeps today I'll be a little better off than during the last attempt. Considering how well I started it's dissapointing. I have gotten sloppy after that start.

Day 10.1
Naptime: 1:50 - 2:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 227h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 3
Time since last oversleep: 11 hours 10 mins

Another decent little nap. For once both alarms went off - I didn't remember to turn computer alarm off before it went off which is good, makes me less likely to do that asleep. So far so good.

Day 10.2
Naptime: 5:50 - 6:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 231h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 4
Time since last oversleep: 15 hours 10 mins

Keeping it tight. In theory we're once again done for the day - I shouldn't oversleep today any more, but like yesterday proved, anything can happen. I will be careful around the naps so at least the most basic errors are avoided. Besides, the continuous oversleeps have replenished some of my energy meaning that I've not been even that tired yet.

These are the moments I truly enjoy Uberman, even in adaptation. When there's no real trouble in staying up and you can just relax and enjoy the dawn, that's the stuff. Hear everybody else snore and feel great about staying up yourself. Man, I wish I'd adapt. I certainly have wanted it enough.

About REMs.. Like I said earlier I'm almost certain that there's ton of REM's that haven't got any mention in here. My recall really stinks even with monophasic sleeping and when waking up from naps I gotta worry about shutting down all the alarms at first and then take care that I don't go back to bed there's really not optimal time to recall anything. But I'll eventually start to catch the grips of it, hopefully.

I've grown more tired during the phase, but I should be able to stay out of trouble for the rest of the time.

Day 10.3
Naptime: 9:50 - 10:20, 30 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 235h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 5
Time since last oversleep: 19 hours 10 mins

Now this is really streching the successful nap mark. I once again set my computer alarm wrongly to go off 4 hours too late. I didn't wake up therefore and my sis came to wake me 10 minutes later. I didn't know what was going on and didn't get up straight away. I was a moment half zoned out on the bed.

The bigged problem here is that everybody is turning against me. I'm obviously sleep-deprived and combine that with sleep inertia so I'm not on my sharpest when waking up. That probably makes me appear more of a mess that I am. My sis' reaction to when I didn't instantly get up was to get angry with me. Come on? Cut me a break here I'm pretty badly sleep-deprived and don't know what's going on. Give me a moment to figure it out.

Looks like I'm going to lose the remnants of the support I had. But this is not the time to give up. I just need to devote this time to really figure out more back-up plans on alarms etc. I think the computer alarm can be effective, I just have to be really careful in setting it up.

Day 10.4
Naptime: 13:50 - 14:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 239h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 6
Time since last oversleep: 23 hours 10 mins

Very hard phase, but I just grinded through it. Constant tiredness all the way.

Day 10.5
Naptime: 17:50 - 18:20, 30 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 242h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 7
Time since last oversleep: 27 hours 10 mins

This nap streched a little, but not too much. Probably not really even 30 minutes, but I'll error on the side of caution. I didn't wake up instantly to my alarm but my sis did great job to make sure I woke up. Very devoted stuff. Heart-warming.

I have a good feeling about this. If me and sis can keep it up my adaptation could be kickstarted by Monday.

Day 10.6
Naptime: 21:50 - 22:05, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 246h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 8
Time since last oversleep: 31 hours 10 mins

Alright! Finally a REM in a nap and there even isn't oversleep nearby! I doubt that indicates anything towards adaptation, but it's still encouraging sign that'll help me push forward. It didn't help with tiredness though.

But yeah, nice way to end a day. Solid 8 nap streak as a base to build on, with 31 hours under my belt without oversleeps. I really hope I can keep it up on Sunday and beyond.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti