maanantai 19. heinäkuuta 2010

Day Eight - Eight Misbehavin'

Day 8.1
Naptime 1:35 - 1:55, 20 min
Mental: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I was again a bit early asleep, but again also woke up before the alarm rang. There was slight danger of oversleep as I laid down in the bed for a while, slight lack of discipline from me. Though the alarms were all yet to go off, so they would've probably woken me in time anyway. Played some poker first time in a while. Didn't play that well, but ended up winning because I was lucky.

At the moment I'm slightly tired, about the usual night-level. This is the starting level from where it usually escalates in the small hours into a full-scale narcolepsy. Hope I'm past that now and there will be only slight sleep-dep symptoms if even them.

Sun is starting to rise again and with that, I think my alertness is too. I don't think I'll have any trouble today.

Day 8.2
Naptime 5:35-5:55, 20 min
Mental: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

The same story once again in terms of nap, very refreshing stuff, even if I'm a little tired. I was lazy getting up once again so risked another oversleep, but there was no real danger overall.

Third repeat of the same happenings. The clock woke me up easily and we had visitors up untile end.

Shit! No new computer for me. I lacked discipiline, let myself get lying for a while and whaddyayaknow, I fell asleep. At least if was REM. I slept about 50 minutes so it's a small hiccup again, but still, C'mon me, stop doing that. I'm so nearly adapted that I don't need this shit.

I guess it would be harsh just to take the computer away, so I'll make amends if I do the next 24 naps without trouble (Day 12.2 will be the last in this - if I manage it I doubt I'll ever nap at the wrong time again. )

Everything else seems fine, so only problems left to squash are:
-Tiredness during night
-Morning's oversleep issues.

Now that I slept, I'm feeling tired and somewhat groggy, though I was already feeling that way prior to falling asleep. I just hope my whole day isn't ruined because of this.

I guess I could also condense my comments from now on in, since it's going to be mostly the same it's been so far.

Day 8.3
Naptime 10:20 - 10:30, 10 min + oversleep 8:00-10:00, 120 min
Mental: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I don't know why, but for some reason I forgot to sleep in time, so I took a tight nap a bit later. Nothing serious again, but these errors are starting to stack up. This wasn't the errorfree nap I was lookig for, so earning computer will happen in day 12.3 earliest.

Wait a minute.. There's a two hour hole in there and I don't know what happened. So basicly I must've overslept.

This morning has been a mess! Now my only aim for the next nap is to return to the strickt adherence of the schedule. You don't need many of mornings like this to completely ruin all your good work. What is wrong with me?

Day 8.4
Naptime: 13:40-14:00, 20 min
Mental: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Slight groggyness that's all. A bit of shallow and unrestful nap, but it did the trick.

Day 8.5
Naptime: 17:30-17:50, 20 min
Mental: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

This was the soccer match phase. I felt fine and energetic the whole match. I shifted the nap a bit earlier to prepare better.

Day 8.6
Naptime 21:45-22:00, 15 min
Mental: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

In last Monday and Wednesday, this phase was pretty easy. It seems to be case right now too. It's the next day's first nap where that crash has usually happened. Though there's slight tiredness already crept in. I expect it to get somewhat worse in the next nap. Hopefully not, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.

On the other news, I'm really starting to face resistance towards my attempt now. My mom described my sleeping "sick" (no in worrying tone but in an angry tone) and my dad said that I couldn't keep it up if I'd have to do physical labour. Others have started asking questions, but even if I explain it to them they don't get it.

This is nothing I didn't expect, just an additional hitch. I'm used to being a weirdo. My sis is probably only one who hasn't really judged me but she has been open-minded and helpful about the whole thing.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti