lauantai 17. heinäkuuta 2010

Day Six Sucks

Day 6.1
Naptime 1:40-1:50, 10 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Well, I for some reason woke up very early, I guess I was very scared of oversleeping. Still the main thing is that I did sleep and avoided oversleep, so now I'm adding to my record. 11th successive successful nap. Once I nail my four o'clock nap, I've done it two days straight without mess-ups.

I need to get myself properly awake, my head is nodding and my eyes are closing uncontrollably.. Well returned from a short walk and it really didn't do much for me. It seems that this is going to escalate to one of the hardest phases so far.

I'm constantly on the edge. Gotta get off from computer again. It was a miracle I didn't fall asleep.

This is madness. I felt so hopeless that I turned to drastic measures: Ice cold shower. Now I'm freezing, but at least it bought me some time. It's still almost 90 minutes before a nap though.

I don't know how I did it, but it seems I'm making it. Worst narcolepsy has been fended off. This was the most difficult night if you don't count the first one. Considering this is only my second night in a row without oversleeps I can expect things getting even harder tomorrow night. Day naps are supposed to be easier once again, though I'm kind of expecting some trouble in them too. Now final challenge of the night, avoiding oversleeping.

Day 6.2
Naptime 5:30-5:40, 10 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I fell asleep accidentally a bit early but woke up also on my own time it didn't matte in any sense. 12th succesful nap in a row and I think I had REM as well.

Ouch! I accidentally felt asleep again, but only for a short while. It was another short nap. Really don't know how to feel about it. Guess angry for lacking discipline but relieved that I didn't sleep longer. I don't know how long I slept. My logs tell me that there's exactly 1h 6 mins between the "12th succesful.." and what I've typed last. I don't even really remember why I fell back asleep. But that's oversleep, right? Shit. Well, it's so short that I don't know if it even matters. We'll see if I miss my 10 o'clock nap.

I'm pretty angry at myself. There's no reason for me to oversleep there. It's just plain sloppyness on my part. I'm all the more angry since I think I had rem preceding that nap, which would mean I was adapting! If I only knew exactly how long I overslept. I mean I had an only 10 minute nap so about an hour extra isn't that big of a deal, but still.. I don't know. All I know is this was so unnecessary.

Yesterday I had that moment of serenity where I was fully immersed in what I was doing. Well for the night all I have been immersed has been Uberman and I had really beaten it already before I ruined it. I threatened to quit to next oversleep but I just have to see where this short oversleep takes me, how big of a step-back it is. I'd suspect I'm in for at least one more day of severe narcolepsy and few a little easier but bad days altogether. I expect to crush that 12 naps in a row record with next 13 naps.

I'm feeling refreshed from the oversleep, but I can't really think as straight as I used to. That's probably because of the sleep-dep. It's still two hours before my nap, gotta figure out something to do. Next four naps will be child's play though. I'm not getting cocky or anything, but daytime has been a piece of cake. I can't let my discipline down, that was the today's lesson. I can't believe I allowed myself to lay down for a while. I wish my sis were here, she wouldn't have let me do that to myself.

Day 6.3
Naptime 9:40-10:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

1 down, 12 to go. Super-easy nap. It was relatively restful as well, but no REM.

Day 6.4
Naptime 13:40-14.00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

2 down, 11 to go. Another pretty easy one. These daytime naps are such a routine. No REM in this either, I guess that oversleep set me couple of days behind schedule. The naps itself have no become so easy, as has raising to alarm. Funny to think I used to sleep through them continously and now somehow wake up every time for the once. I were a bit groggy after waking up, but that's pretty much all.

Day 6.5
Naptime 17:40-18:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Another easy phase for staying up. My mental reactions are improving all the time, but I don't remember having as good a nap as before oversleep in the morning. Shame really. But still if the adaptation goes like it's going at the moment I see no problem myself for going all the way. I still have to give it all during nights, but I'm capable of it.

Well, once I started talking about how easy it is some drowsiness crept in. I'm having a low-energy moment right now.

Day 6.6
Naptime 21:40-22:00, 20 min
Mental: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness 0 1 2 3 4 5

*Extreme sleep inertia nonsense again, deleted*

No other problems worth mentioning.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti