keskiviikko 14. heinäkuuta 2010

Day 3 - Smooth Sailin'

Day 3.1
Naptime 1:35 - 1:50, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I went to sleep a little early, but woke up like ten minutes before the alarm as well. My nap might've as well been shorter than that. I was tempted to estimate it 12.5 minutes long, but since I've been using 5 minute increments with my estimations, 15 it is.

On other news, I might get lucky in terms of the football match. There's thunderstorm forecast for tonight so if it is correct, there won't be any game. I wouldn't mind, actually it would probably be in perfect spot. I enjoy thunder, it's gets my adrenaline flowing, so it would be perfect to help me stay awake as well not to mention avoiding the physical exhaustion that was my demise on monday. Of course by the time I actually post this, I will know what happened.

So yeah, relatively easy phase, some tiredness crept in midway, but it went away quickly. Sorry if I'm bit all around with the tense, I'm writing these a bit at a time during the day.

Day 3.2
Naptime 5:45 - 6:00, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Well this time I actually slept little over 15 mins but lets round it off downwards this time. I fell asleep quicky and wake up instantly after alarm sounded. Still absolutely no trouble with it, I don't even have fear sleeping through it. I was the most groggy after waking up I've been so far bar the narcolepsy, but still is nothing that really even bothers me. I've noticed my mental skills declining slightly, for example I need to constantly check what time is it because I keep forgetting. Nothing severe though. I don't expect to oversleep today, as I've survived through the night and sis will be awake soon to wake me up if needed.

Day 3.3
Naptime 9:40-10:05, 25 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I 'overslept a little because I forgot I didn't put my normal alarm on. I finally got up for the first time to the second, my computer's alarm and even to that several minutes late. Perhaps hardest to get up there, I actually woke up when my dad came up to ask questions about my alarm. I have forgotten what it was about already. I would in fact go as far as to say that I dodged a bullet there, there where makings of an oversleep. It will be a question whether any of the alarms would've eventually waken me up.

I took a new, fourth alarm to use for this nap. My mom's old cellphone (she just updated to a newer one, so the old one is lying around unused. I took it to use obviously. During this phase we'll hit 72 hours since I last really slept. After last oversleep it'll be a little over 30 hours. This is the most tired I've felt in ages, but this is still not too far out of my comfort zone.

Day 3.4
Naptime 13:40-14:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Slight tiredness, but so slight that I was confident and comfortable enough to lay down in my bed for long periods without really worrying about falling asleep. I haven't missed a nap all day so everything is going very well. The thunderstorm was here already so it seems that I have to go play football (don't get me wrong, I want to play of course, but I wouldn't have minded missing it this time to make my adaptation easier). I have a feeling I'll have that rematch against narcolepsy tonight.. I'm up for it, bring it on!

Day 3.5
Naptime 17:55-18:00, 5 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I nearly missed my nap, but there was certain change of concience during laying down, so I'll say it count as sleep.

Now I'm back from the match.. I intended to take it easy, but I was feeling very energetic and just couldn't help but to run from end to end constantly. I'm not tired right now and it's only 10 minutes 'til next nap. I've had over hour of a cooldown, it should be enough.. I can't believe that I would get destroyed by napping now, but well see soon.

Day 3.6
Naptime: 21:40-21:55, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I actually woke up to my sisters alarm five minutes earlier than I was supposed. I feel a bit heavier than what I felt when going to sleep, but I don't think it's as bad as on monday.

There's funny feeling that I have when doing polyphasic - my jaws feel stiff when I wake up. This never happens during monophasic, so I wonder if there's some tension for some reason in polyphasic. It's weird and feels a little uncomfortable after waking up, but that's all.

I'm now actively fighting the slight tiredness I've got so it doesn't escalate into the narcolepsy I got on Monday.. But it isn't working. I'm still 1½ hours away from my naptime, but I'm starting to struggle to stay awake. I've now switched the tiredness rating up two notches, it isn't yet at the same level than on Monday, but I think I'll better go for a walk or something to stay awake.. That did the trick.

So overall it's now 84 hours since I last slept normally, and 45 hours since last oversleep. Tomorrow it's starting to get really interesting. I think the few coming naps have the highest chance of oversleeping, so I have to be extra careful. My tiredness has subsided since the start of this nap, by the way. I'm tired enough to go to sleep, but I'm not falling asleep uncontrollably.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti