perjantai 16. heinäkuuta 2010

Day Five the Other Half

This half of the day should be easier than the first as daytime has been much easier for me so far. I hope that is the case for this time too. I certainly feel more awake now than say 2 hours ago. I actually dare to close my eyes for a moment without being afraid of falling asleep. That's not to say I'm tempting my fate though.

But now, let's see some stats:
Hours since I last slept 'properly': 12o h
Hours since last oversleep: 28 h
Overall time spent asleep: 805 mins = 13 h 25 min

So I have averaged 2,7h/day of sleep. Therefore it's not a miracle I'm feeling pretty bad at times. The consistensy is the key here as I must stay clear of oversleeping all the times. I can't afford any more slip-ups, so I gotta be extremely strict and disciplined.

Day 5.4
Naptime 13:40-14:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I keep feeling pretty damn tired while waking up. After that daytime has been much more merciful for me. No constant danger of falling asleep etc. I'm glad that I've been able to take all the naps as scheduled, but they haven't yet started to be as restful as I'd hope.

In short, I can still do pretty much whatever I want day, but at nights it's only fight for survival to stay awake and I take no risks.
"If you can manage to adapt to polyphasic sleep in your early 20s, I think you’re one incredible human being." -Steve Pavlina
Just stumbled across that, makes me even more motivated than what I was! Wow!

I had time on my hands so I tested my typing speed. My Finnish typing speed was unusually slow, but I wrote English faster than I have before. Probably because I've written mostly English recently.

I've now put 8 naps in a row without an oversleep. That's nothing impressive really, BUT as my record stands as 10 naps at the moment, so I'm not long way from beating it. I made it after transitioning to Uberman in the spring. I can pretty easily put in the remaining two to tie, but after that it's again the demanding night nap that is critical for my success.

Day 5.5
Naptime 17:40 - 18:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Kind of a tough nap. I woke up really groggy and drifted between wake and sleep for twenty minutes. It was perhaps so far the sloppyest waking up from me and I can think of myself as somewhat lucky not to fall asleep again. It didn't happen luckily, so I recorded 9th nap in a row without oversleep. Getting closer to record, but my sleep dep is getting more intense as well.

This has been a weird phase. After the initial groggyness I have been feeling pretty normal. At the moment it feels like the time is standing still. I have just gotten really into the stuff I've been doing and almost forgetting that I'm doing Uberman. Hard to explain the feeling.. I just hope I'll start getting REM soon and start adjusting, but most likely the sleep deprivation is going to get worse before it gets better, even if I've somehow found this serene moment all the sudden.

Day 5.6
Naptime 21:40 - 22:00, 20 min
Mental 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness 0 1 2 3 4 5

Now I'm tied with my nap-record. Just the toughest nap away from new record, though that hardly does anything cause just mantaining this streak is much more important. Could I for the first time ever manage two days worth of naps without oversleeping? I have kept my discipline for so long, it would be a shame to ruin it here.

I have now went for a walk around the village during this phase thrice in a row. We'll see if I have to again - it's more a function of my tiredness than anything else. If I can handle being awake without it, I'll just stay inside. Though it seems that tonights gonna be a clear, warm summer night, the kind that attracts to walk.

My head's once again a bit messed up. I was just reading on Hastings' battle before going to nap and now it's messing with my head. I see myself worrying about coup d'état etc. Sleep inertia combined with sleep deprivation can have some fun effects really..

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti