maanantai 12. heinäkuuta 2010

Uberman - Day 1

And we're on! There's slight chance of plans so far, my sis will leave the house again in wednesday so unless I get help from somewhere else I'm going to be on my own after that. Worse yet it's the day I'll be the most fucked up. Well, I'd had to get through the nights alone anyway, so it doesn't probably matter that much. I have three alarms now, I'm going to use some of my early time to finding other alternatives but I guess these will have to do.

I'm going to use my old format for this attempt as well, meaning mental ratings and tiredness ratings on every nap. I will evaluate both overall during the phase.

Day 1.1
Naptime: 1:40 - 2:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I got up easily, feeling hardly any tiredness. It wasn't exactly refreshing, but I don't feel a lot worse either. I was feeling mentally fine after waking up as well, but now in the middle of this phase there's certainly some fatigue and I'm not as sharp as I usually am.

Day 1.2
Naptime: 5:50 - 6:00, 10 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep the full time, it took me a while to fall asleep. Still I'm fairly sure I did sleep (kitten had snuck up to me and slept by my side when I woke up, it wasn't there when I went to bed, indicating that I indeed did sleep) and that's better that nothing. It was so short of nap at any case that I don't even feel that tired waking up straight. Now that I've been up couple of hours I feel very good, about as good as normally.

Reading the stuff from the earlier attempts indicates that I were in trouble early on in every attempt. On first attempt in February I overslept already on first nap (now that's miserable), and on the successive attempts I never really made it past one day without some oversleeps. No wonder I wasn't anywhere near succeeding. I was nowhere near days three and four where the sleep deprivation really escalates. Though I was pretty fucked up in terms of sleep deprivation considering how much I kept trying..

Day 1.3
Naptime: 9:40 - 10:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Hard to say again how long I slept. I'm getting somewhere 15+ minutes so it was a fine nap in that sense. On the other hand it's the first time I'm starting to have some difficulties. Nothing that big, just a bit of groggyness upon waking up. The slight tiredness that I had has now vanished as I've woken up more. I've also now hit 24-hour mark of REM deprivation and I'm still feeling fine. The real tough spots are still 10-15 naps away.

Day 1.4
Naptime: Missed nap
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

The first real setback, though you gotta remember that it's customary to miss a nap or two in the first couple of days. I'm not that worried, but a little frushtrated nonetheless. It will make my next four hours perhaps a bit harder. The failure to sleep is a sum of many parts. Firstly here's hot as hell, 30 C, secondly I wasn't even that tired and thirdly I probably played poker too close to going to sleep and therefore were still somewhat overstimulated.

It's still 2 hours until next nap and I'm already starting to feel fatigued. Missing that nap was not a good thing, though I wonder whether it would've made much difference anyway..

Day 1.5
Naptime: 17:55 - 18:00, 5 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I woke up for the football match from where I just got back. I know I didn't sleep much, but I must've fallen asleep very quickly because I was groggy after getting up. Match went well and although I'm now physically exhausted, I'm not tired in the sense I'd expect. I have to be vary about oversleeping though in the next nap.

Day 1.6
Naptime 21:45 - 22:00, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I didn't oversleep, my sis made sure of that, but I'm feeling absolutely destroyed. My muscles weight like lead and I feel lacking energy to do anything. Worst thing is that there's another match on wednesday. How bad I'm going to feel by then?

EDIT: I'm feeling totally trashed and still 80 minutes to go until my next nap. I updated tiredness to the max as I'm really close to falling asleep all the time. I was walking outside just know and probably hobbled around like a drunkard because I was half-falling asleep midsteps.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti