tiistai 13. heinäkuuta 2010

Day 2 - Overslept

Day 2.1
Naptime 1:20 - 4:40, 200 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Back to square one. I don't remember the last 30 minutes from my fight against sleep so I guess the tiredness overcame me. My sis was already asleep so she couldn't help. Of course I am pissed, cause I remember that I had like half an hour to make it further. This is not end of the world and experiment will continue, but I can't really do any more screw-ups. It's back to square one anyway. I really should've moved more in the end of that last, but even that was hard and I was nearly falling asleep. I am so frushtrated now, but I just have to keep going. God I hate myself. But at least I didn't sleep through alarms or anything like that. I'll be heading back to sleep already in an hour following my program.

The lesson learned here is to put alarms on pre-emptively when you're super tired. At least that way I wouldn't have slept over 40 minutes presuming I actually woke up to some of them. I really shouldn't have insisted on sitting on my computer when the going got tough, but I was having hard time staying up while walking too.

I just have to get over it and hope things pick up again quickly. At least I feel less like lead at the moment. It did restore me surprisingly much for a three-hour sleep.

Day 2.2
Naptime 5:40 - 6:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

I'm not sure again about how well I slept, but at least I was feeling tired and stuff. Anyway, relatively trouble-free phase again. I'll hit the 36 hours of REM deprivation tomorrow afternoon that I had done before I narcolepsied out last night. We'll see then whether it's just the spot where it gets hard for me or is it the football match I played. I'll be fucked up anyway tomorrow evening as then is another football match, it's just fun to find whichever was the reason.

Day 2.3
Naptime 9:40 - 10:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Everything went perfectly for once in terms of the nap. Though my REM deprivation ended as I had a long, vivid dream about.. guess.. oversleeping! In my dream I woke up around 14 and was totally destroyed, both in terms of feeling extremely tired & heavy. I went to kitchen and found my sister there and started angrily questioning her why she didn't wake me up. It was a huge relief to wake up refreshed just before alarm sounded and found that I indeed did not oversleep again.

The dream was obviously consequence of last night's oversleep, but it still motivates me. At least it let me experience partly how I would feel when adapted. The dream felt very long, like I'd really slept four hours prior to waking up in the dream.

I read again my last sentences before passing out that I wrote to this blog and I'm actually amazed how bad the nacrolepsy can get. I should've taken extreme measures when I started nearly falling asleep while walking, but I guess my brains weren't correctly working. I feel like I'm going to succeed (still high on that REM) as I have few ideas to fight narcolepsy once it comes for a rematch.. and this time, it's personal.

Day 2.4
Naptime 9:50 - 10:00, 10 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Wasn't it this nap that I missed yesterday? *Checks* yes it was. This time I was tiring on time and although I did have some trouble falling asleep. In the end I slept only a moment but it still feels like a longer time. I still feel pretty fine and there has been only a little groggyness after waking up, nothing else.

Day 2.5
Naptime: Missed nap
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Well, apparently I should've gone to shower as being sweaty & hot combined with not being that tired meant that I miss my nap. Still, it's early days and missing nap at these times is not that uncommon. I hope I'll get rid of this problem by tomorrow. It's still not as bad as oversleeping. No problems due to missing nap either, as I have only just started to feel tired now that I'm going for bed for the sixth nap.

Day 2.6
Naptime: 21:40 - 22:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Good nap in terms of lenght, but not so restful. It really seems that it's the amount of time passed without problems that triggers my tiredness, not the physical exhaustion - not only it at least. I haven't slept through my alarm once yet under Uberman - yes I slept through it just before starting the schedule, but while on it I've woken up every time. The only oversleep I got was without any alarm. But I'm sure there'll be times when my back-ups come into play soon.

So yeah I'm feeling pretty fine now that I'm about to go to nap 3.1. No fear of oversleeping really if my feel is anything to go by. Weird to think I'm feeling so good despite only sleeping 6 hours and 40 minutes in the past 60 hours. There's only slight tiredness, but it's galaxies away from the narcolepsy I had last night. We'll see if I get another crazy night tomorrow as there's the football match again - though I plan to take it a little bit easier than on monday.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti