perjantai 23. heinäkuuta 2010

Day Twelve

Let's hope to god this works and I don't cut my post in half again because of oversleep.

Day 12.1
Naptime 1:40-2:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No

I fell asleep quickly and my mind does clockwork since I woke up minute before my alarm. Inch-perfect stuff, but I'm feeling a little shoddy right now. Gotta wake myself up properly.. Done. It's now about an hour after waking up and I feel fine. It feels nice to actually be awake at night instead of fighting against tiredness. There's still so hot outside that even grass hasn't gotten wet.

Well, things change fast. Now I'm two hours in and I'm feeling really tired. I'll go to play a little football.

It worked well. I'm still tired, but nothing unbearable and since it's pretty close to bedtime I can handle it.

Day 12.2
Naptime 5:40-6:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes

I made it! Full day's worth of naps. Still it's only the beginning if I'm to adapt. I remembered one glimpse of dreams so it must mean I was having REM.. Well perhaps not, but I'd give it high probability anyway. Now I just gotta keep myself busy to stay awake. It's not coasting through yet even if it is daytime.

I'm very tired though, so If I want to avoid falling to sleep Ireally need to start my nightime schedule here. I'll go to play football now in attempt to wake myself up again.

Hardly five minutes of it did the trick, shrugging the tiredness away.. But it wasn't long before I was tired again. Well, just another quick football session to replenish energy. I can see this becoming a cycle. I'm now moderately tired while sitting on the computer. It seems that I'll have to do at least one football session until I go to shower and it's time to nap again. It's over 2 hours until next nap so it's too distant for me to even fantasize about.

I'd really like to do bunch of brainless activities with my sleep-deprived time, but fact of the matter is, that if I for example some tv series, I just start to fall asleep instantly. So I must keep myself occupied.. Okay now my eyelids are officially staring to twitch around and try to close. Also my text is starting to have bouts of nonsense. Instead of going to play football again I opted for a long walk around the forests and stuff. It has better calorie-to-time rate. It seems like I'm going to make it through this phase as well despite all the tiredness.

Or am I.. It's still 30 minutes to go and I'm hearing voices in my head.. Angry voices. God I need some sleep. I'm nodding constantly again. Gotta get up.

I've been writing a review of my last couple of poker sessions for over two hours now, but I just can't keep my thoughts from blowing apart. Pretty messed up stuff. Hope I don't oversleep.

Day 12.3
Naptime 9:45-10:00, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No

Weird sleep. I fell asleep while still reading a book and woke up few minutes later and tried to gain some sleep without really remembering that I've slept already. But gladly neither of us slept 30+ minutes and it's better to go too little than too much. That's now seven naps without major trouble, though that was close call. Anyway I feel refreshed compared to how destroyed I was when going to sleep, though a little tired and I wouldn't lay down feeling safe that I wouldn't fall asleep.

Still feel kind of weird, kind of like I failed, because this is so similar to many oversleeps. I fell asleep involuntarily - luckily I was past the point where I could fall asleep all I wanted. If I'd slept to alarm I would've got like 25 minutes of and I'd be fine with that. Now I woke up after like a quarter of an hour, but as it had felt like just closing your eyes I had panicked at first and reset my alarms to give me 15 minutes of time to sleep. I didn't use them but as said, it doesn't matter as 15 minutes has count as a success before and will do it now too.

This is an important breakthrough for me. It's seventh nap in a row, and we've got easy day naps ahead. It looks like I'm in with realistic chance to break my record in successive naps. I need to go much further of course, but that's nice goal in between the greater goal.

I had trouble during the start of this phase, but I'm now halfway and after playing Flashpoint for some time I've found all of my alertness. I feel good right now. First-person shooters are pretty much the best kind of games to play in this kind of situation. I've been playing mostly Football Manager, and while I really like the game, it makes me wanna zzzzz all the time.

Day 12.4
Naptime 13:45-13:55, 10 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No

It was a shorter nap that's for sure as I woke up to external distruption, but I'm not sure if it was as short as this. But I don't mind since this refreshed me pretty well. Still no further REM. I'm not tired, but I'm not really feeling productive either.

I played some Football Manager again and sure enough it made me tired. I don't care now, but I just gotta really keep out of that game during night.

Day 12.5
Naptime 17:450-18:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No

I just woke up to my alarm and did the stuff as I should. Not much other wild animals around here at this time. That makes it respectable nine naps in a row. Still a few naps to go til my record, which will no doubt be shattered after this.. Hopefully overconfidence doesn't get me..

Day 12.6
Naptime 21:45-22:00, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No

Whoa dude! I actually made it past this day. Got up a bit early from the nap but it doesn't matter as it was fairly refreshing anyway. Now I just gotta make it through the night's hardest phases and it's my new record in successful naps..

I watched a video for some time and got extremely tired, so I went for a long walk. Now I'm back and it's hour until next nap. I'd think I make it. I'll return to you with my 13th day post

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti