torstai 15. heinäkuuta 2010

Day Four's Real Start

Day 4.3
Naptime 9:45-9:55, 10 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

This one was probably on the shorter side. I didn't fall asleep immediately and for some reason woke up five mins early. No REM by the way... Oh wait a minute, I had, I just didn't recall it instantly. No nightmares about oversleeping though.

One great thing with Uberman is the emotional reset every four hours. I felt pretty bad the after oversleeping and it still doesn't feel nice, but at least it feels much better to continue now. It would be nice of course if I'd adapt some day instead of just living in the adaptation phase. Despite the oversleep the prolonged sleep deprivation is starting to really take it's toll on me. I'm not worried about the day naps, but nights will be problematic. Avoiding oversleeping is such a bitch when you don't trust your alarms.

Day 4.4
Naptime 13:40-14:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Good nap with REM, but this is still aftermath of the night's oversleep. I had light-intensity training session of football, we'll see if that affects my naps or makes me tired at night. My body is pretty broken down at the moment with all the slight knocks and stress I've put it under. Exercise works like a treat keeping tiredness away though, at least during the day. At night it seems to be the other way around. I hope I don't crash again tonight.

Day 4.5
Naptime: 17:40 - 18:00, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Oh man, I'm so groggy. Apparently it's the same phenomena that happened yesterday and on Monday. I'm in need of recovery or something. My legs feel so heavy. It's going to be a tough night and I'm gonna skip training for few days to accomodate my adaptation - and to give my wrecked body some time for repairs. On a somewhat unrelated note my regimen has had an effect, with my bodyfat dropping nearly five percentage points over the course of one month.

Well, it did go away pretty quickly now that I've waited for a while. Besides, I might be messed up tonight anyway, regardless if I have light training.

I was fine overall during this phase after all.

Day 4.6
Naptime: 5 min/Missed nap
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5

Well, if night wasn't going to be hard I made sure that it will be. I had distractions around naptime and after that I got a little nervous and tried to force falling asleep, losing precious minutes. I finally relaxed after a while because I knew that I was messed up anyway. I feel this "click" when I enter to that state between awake and sleep and I felt that and was there for a few minutes, but I don't think I really slept. I got relaxed enough to feel like sleeping now, but I'm not that tired really. We'll see how this develops, but it's the problem nap coming up next.. I have one pretty severe back-up plan, but I'm going to only use it if it seems that I get narcoleptic again. If I don't, all I'm going to change for now is sleeping on the sofa rather than my bed.

So now I am little over halfway of this phase, it's midnight and like usual, sleepiness is starting to creep in. I'm going for a walk, that has worked in past nights as well so I expect it to do the same now. I hope I won't be back tomorrow posting about another oversleep during this nap!

EDIT: Have to update. I just got back from walk, and it doesn't do it anymore. I almost escalated to drunken walk and I'm really afraid of oversleeping. Still 10 minutes to go, I've set every alarm and this time made sure that they're correctly in. I'm still not total zombie, just have to take extra care to think. I'll be back updating in half an hour, I promise it. See brain? I promised. I can't sleep through it now, can I?

I WILL NOT OVERSLEEP!
I WILL NOT OVERSLEEP!
I WILL NOT OVERSLEEP!
ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY
I WILL NOT OVERSLEEP!
I WILL NOT OVERSLEEP!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti