perjantai 20. elokuuta 2010

Day Nine - From Insane Sleep Inertia to Another Oversleep

Alright, here is how I expect this to pan out:
Phases 1-2 will be relatively easy. Nothing special, fairly functional etc. I don't think there's much of a risk of oversleeping.
Phases 3-4 tiredness will start to accumulate. Still I can fairly well stay clear of falling asleep, but there's certainly some uncomfortability. Slight risk of oversleeping.
Phases 5- I'll be nearing the full power of sleep deprivation with every nap. I'd expect that the next night will be harder that tonight. After than it gets even tougher in the morning but with the help of my sis I'll stay on the schedule with much struggle. Afternoon eases it a bit, but there's still big chance of screwing up. Finally we'll see the biggest risk of oversleeping in the night between Saturday - Sunday. I'll probably feel trashed the whole Sunday as well. From Monday onwards I start to show signs of adaptation and slowly but surely sleep deprivation eases off. That said it still won't be easy for a couple of days, because there will still be hard moments.

Now, let's start checking out how well those predictions go on target:

Day 9.1
Naptime: 1:50 - 2:05, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 203h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 2
Time since last oversleep: 6 hours 35 mins

Great nap. I wasn't super refreshed, in fact I felt like I could've slept longer and tried to catch couple of minutes before my alarm which would've went off 2:10. But in the end I decided against it. That said I felt also that I was fresh enough to stay in bed without fearing too much that I'd fall asleep. I laid down for a while and pondered about stuff and felt unity with the world. I know that sounds weird and the old me would've probably scoffed at me for that, but I feel like I've been changing the most I've had in my life during the last few weeks.

So great nap and all.

Day 9.2
Naptime: 5:50 - 6:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 207h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 3
Time since last oversleep: 10 hours 35 mins

Okay here's bunch of sleep-inertia non-sense:

Only the second time when I've woken to the computer alarm / second alarm. It really puts me moving unlike anything else. I don't know why it works for me, but certainly no because I cushion my bosy perfectly or anything.

Gates keeped opening and closing and Isaac's crew had to make it through some obstacles. Professor just coolly found something genuinely interesting. **At this point I proceeded in finnish. I seemed to be writing a game's plot. I was playing a game just before I went to bed, so that explains why I would have such a dream and then write stuff like that asleep.

At least I'm awake now. That sleep inertia stuff never gets old. I don't have much idea about what I am talking in first paragraph's end. I guess it's body I typoed that I should be cushioning. But yeah first paragraph actually tells the truth overall.

I absolutely love the sentence "Professor just coolly found something genuinely interesting."

I rule. I should write more during these small hours.

Most of you're probably still WTF? on whats going on - simply I wasn't fully awake when I started to write the blog entry straight after finishing one level on a game. I'm not going to go in any more detail about the game.

But I really were in danger of just sleeping through. Gladly my second alarm is a hardcore as it is, it really scared me awake (Immortal's One by One starts pounding with max volume - nice transition from complete silence. I'll put a brain-blasting guarantee on that, 100 % proven method, or money back. I would wake up from my grave to that.. In a positive sense). Amazingly nobody else wake up to my alarm, at least that I know of. But still, I was pretty much figuring out myself 20 minutes after waking up - "Right, who am I? Where the hell am I? What's going on?"

This ought to be the last nap today that I'm on my own. I should be able to rely on my sis keeping me awake for the rest of the day. Luckily, because my self-confidence isn't at all time high. Thing is, I'd write more analysis if I could, but I hardly feel sane, so I'll avoid writing for a while.

Also I'm still tired enough that I could probably fall asleep sitting at the computer if I'd let myself.

Alright, I'm now over 2 hours into the phase and the situation is still pretty much the same. I feel like I'm mentally way off even if I'm not alarmingly tired. But still, there's no going down to lay for a moment for me anymore. Sis is still asleep, so it might be that I have to set the same alarm system again. I'd expect it to work on sheer psychological factor. It felt bad enough to wake up to it in the first place, I wouldn't want to let the other alarm get off.

But yeah there's really no reason to keep on jabbering. Other than keep myself employed and active so that my tiredness doesn't worsen. And that's precisely what I'm doing. Trying desperately to strech this as long as possible only to have something to do. I'm already bored to death on all my games.

It doesn't seem to be working, though. I feel even more flegmatic than that when I started. There's still 90 minutes to last. That's just messed up. I don't know what to do. I guess I am forced to go outside. There's so damn cold, but I guess that works in my favour this time.

Yeah.. I made it. I was outside for half an hour and then washed some dishes.

I apparently send my sis a text message during that sleep inertia madness when I woke up from this phase. It was ridiculous nonsense aswell. I was really messed up in the morning.

Day 9.4
Naptime: 9:50 - 10:05, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 211h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 4
Time since last oversleep: 14 hours 35 mins

It's amazing how I continue to struggle considering how much I overslept yesterday. I woke up without alarm. I was feeling like I could've slept more and in fact just now drifted off for a few seconds at my computer. I hate being at the computer now. I guess I'll go outside for some time.

Now on in I have my sis' support until first phase of tomorrow, so I shouldn't oversleep.

I did fall asleep for like 1-2 minutes while sitting outside. My sis came to wake me up and I had hardly sat there, but apparently I didn't react to first shout. I don't really know how such supershort sleeps affect - I'll presume zero effect as this point, but something that might need some looking into. I've been very tired for the whole phase, so it isn't suprising to accidentally sleep for minute. Though on mental basis I didn't think I was asleep - in my mind I reacted immediately, but maybe not.

C'mon brain, start adjusting already.

Day 9.4
Naptime: 13:30 - 15:00, 90 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes.
Time since last proper sleep: 215h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 0
Time since last oversleep: 0 hours 0 mins

I wrote this form ready with optimal numbers in kind of hoping that they would happen.. Guess what? It went to hell! I fell asleep too early, woke up way too late, and now I feel mentally destroyed because I fuckin hate myself! I don't know what my sis was up either, she woke me up but what good does it make over a hour too late? Well at least I'm not tired anymore. Well done brains. You beat me again. I'm yet to feel this desperate during this. Feels like it's impossible to stay awake.

I'm not going to give up (yet), but I'm feeling pretty hopeless right now. If I can't do a straight day without oversleeping then how the hell three or seven needed is going to happen?

Day 9.5
Naptime: 17:50 - 18:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 219h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 1
Time since last oversleep: 3 hours 10 mins

Thank god for emotional reset. I felt crushed before, but I am feeling pretty ok now. Some new momentum towards building a successful nap streak.

Day 9.6
Naptime: 21:50 - 22:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 223h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 2
Time since last oversleep: 7 hours 10 mins

Solid nap this one too. I don't know where all the REM-naps are, I'd think there are some that I simply haven't recalled. It should get easier to recall when I start adjusting, if that ever happens.

I'm gonna glad now that I overslept. There was some issues before with microsleeps so it's good to proceed from clear table and go for few 100 % days. I mean with no microsleeps or anything like that either.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti