keskiviikko 25. elokuuta 2010

Day Fourteen - Adapting.. Or Not?

Day 14.1
Naptime: 1:50 - 2:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 322h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 5
Time since last oversleep: 18h

Another decent nap. I played poker and lost. Played pretty bad, but not that bad, it was more down to tilting slightly towards the end. I'm feeling okay.

Day 14.2
Naptime: 5:50 - 6:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 326h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 6
Time since last oversleep: 22h

Another fine nap in a row. Effortless and easy. I forgot to put computer's alarm on, but it didn't matter as I was never in danger of oversleeping. It's only 6 succesful naps in a row, but the shift in mental stage is just too big to ignore - I am adjusting as we speak. I am so happy.

My typing speeds were still low compared to normal so motor skills are still not recovered. I expect them to come back within a few days.

This has been the most troublesome phase on average during this experiment. Yesterday I accidentally fell asleep for an extra nap during this phase. That's why I'm now monitoring my mental state closely. I fully expect that I get more tired than normally, but I don't expect to struggle really.

Sure enough it happened - around exactly halfway the phase I started again to get tired. This hasn't been that intensive, but I can't really slack off either.

Day 14.3
Naptime: 9:50 - 10:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 330h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 7
Time since last oversleep: 26h

Another quick nap. Had pretty bad sleep inertia and severe groggyness. I had written finnish here, though mostly it made sense, but in this context no reason to keep it. I could use another REM, my energy is running low already.

Day 14.4
Naptime: 13:50 - 14:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 334h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 8
Time since last oversleep: 30h

Tiredness is making a comeback? I don't know whether my body is reacting to it being afternoon (which prior to this attempt was my nighttime) or whether it's just the fact that we're once again hitting 30+ hours after most recent fuck-up. I still hope I'm adapting, but REM is needed soon. The whole phase was just one long struggle to stay awake and it has completely killed off my productivity.

Day 14.5
Naptime: 17:50 - 18:20, 30 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 338h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 9
Time since last oversleep: 34h

I've marked that I slept for 30 minutes, I have no idea about how much I overall spent asleep. There's blank spot between 17:50-19:00 in my memory. I presume I spent at least some of it asleep. That said I don't believe anything drastic. I got our internet functioning half-asleep, no good recall about it.

I just hope this mental mess settles before too soon. I don't want to depend on witness accounts for the rest of my life to remember what I've done.

But anyway, huge battle against sleep seems to be over for today, as worst tiredness has subsided. I'm not really expecting to be sailing smoothly for a few days yet, maybe a few similar battles.

Day 14.6
Naptime: 21:50 - 22:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 342h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 10
Time since last oversleep: 38h

I was little worried about this nap, because for the first time in a while I had to sleep in a room full of other people. There was TV and lights on so distractions were to a maximum, but I managed to fall asleep pretty quickly and had a restful nap. It seems that I can have another good night. I'd even say that I don't really even have to worry about the schedule for these couple of naps, it already does itself. Now just keeping the concentration on the day naps which are still giving me trouble.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti