sunnuntai 22. elokuuta 2010

Day Eleven - Do or Die

Eleventh day.. I survived yesterday. I have a chance to make it through two days without oversleeps. And at this point of the sleep deprivation, that would be huge. But that would mean that I would basically have to withstand even worse sleep deprivation today. I'm expecting longest day ever. Time seemed to stop still on one of yesterday's phases. The one where I felt the most tired. I fully expect to feel like that every phase today.

Hope not. Hopefully I just start for some reason stringing REM-naps together and notice sleep-deprivation just vanishing into thin air. Realistically though that's not going to happen yet.

Day 11.1
Naptime: 1:55 - 2:10, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 250h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 9
Time since last oversleep: 35 hours 10 mins

I'm kind of a mess now. Long story short I can't really do anything that special tonight, mostly play games so that I don't disturb anyone. Now I just gotta figure out what and how.

So yeah, I was again on some sort of sleep inertia when I woke up, wrote up a bunch of nonsense, but I was sane enough to figure out that I wasn't making any sense so I deleted it and gathered all of my brainpower to write that bit. I started feeling better soon enough. There has been certain pattern in last couple of phases. I start off tired, then it gets better for couple of hours before I start to get tired again.

We should soon move to double digits when it comes to succesful naps in a row. I'm not really that worried of an oversleep right now.

Yeah, well I should've been:
Day 11.2
Naptime: 5:50 - 9:00, 200 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 257h 30 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 0
Time since last oversleep: 0 mins

Another fuck-up. This was pretty depressing. I remember waking up to alarms and shutting them off. Apparently I've sat back on my bed's side and fell straight back asleep.

It's pretty crushing to keep failing and failing. I'm not giving up even yet despite it really felt like I should've just some time ago. We have to make this one count.

Day 11.3
Naptime: 9:50 - 10:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Yes
Time since last proper sleep: 258h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 1
Time since last oversleep: 1 h 10 mins

Back on the right track after only short waking period. I woke up naturally. Guess I had some REM aswell, though might've been just leftovers from the oversleep.

We made an adjustment that everytime I wake up I have to go for a walk. That gives me some time to clear the worst sleep inertia and serves as a check for my sis that I've woken up. We decided that she will wake up every time with me for the rest of the effort. When I leave for the short walk she can go back to sleep etc. I think this is useful addition for me as well. It avoids just going back to sleep straight when you woke up and also serves as a time to plan what I should get done during the phase.

Day 11.4
Naptime: 13:55 - 14:10, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 262h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 2
Time since last oversleep: 5 h 10 mins

Short, naturally ended nap. Nice and fairly refreshing. I guess the long-term sleep deprivation is unabling me to reach better mental clarity though.

Day 11.5
Naptime: 17:50 - 18:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 266h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 3
Time since last oversleep: 9 h 10 mins

I've got one problem with this phase. While watching football, I kept having microsleeps. There was no real chance of falling asleep fully, but my eyes kept closing every few seconds. I have no idea how this is going to affect the adaptation. That said I'm not planning to do that again.

Day 11.6
Naptime: 21:50 - 22:10, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No.
Time since last proper sleep: 270h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 4
Time since last oversleep: 13 h 10 mins

Decent naps continue, though it's little surprise as were so early on a new streak.

So I guess that's that for this day. Very short writings today but there really wasn't much to say since my streak got ruined so soon. Tomorrow at this time I should be hitting double digits in amount of naps again, that should be more interesting.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti