sunnuntai 15. elokuuta 2010

Day Four - Still Feeling Too Good

Day 4.1
Naptime: 02:15 - 02:25, 10 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: Maybe
Time since last proper sleep: 81h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 5
Time since last oversleep: 36 hours

Well, that was supershort nap. I went to bed little early expecting that I'd take couple of minutes to fall asleep, instead I passed out probably within a minute and woke up very soon, perfectly refreshed. I don't remember, but I have a feeling that I had REM.

My current schedule works great compared to the last. Times are pretty much perfectly set. There's only two night naps - 2:20 one and 6:20 - or hell, by 6:20 there's already dawn. If you go by darkness the other night nap is the 22:20 one and I don't think I would oversleep on that. Everything is going so well now, it's amazing. I don't feel like I've been up pretty much 36 hours straight. Still the troubles should still be some way off so better not get too excited. It will get really hard. But I'm going to enjoy this clarity of mind and play some poker.

I had another pretty bad session of poker, but luck keeps me on winning ways. It won't last forever, though.

Day 4.2
Naptime: 06:20 - 06:40, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 85h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 6
Time since last oversleep: 40 hours

I took a little gamble again and just laid around in the bed with blanket on. Luckily I stayed awake as there was little to avoid me sleeping for hours if I'd fallen asleep. I'm finally hitting the point where my physical inconfomt is starting to increase. It's just the start and it will escalate tonight and tomorrow. These days should be the worst of adjustment.

Alright, this is the first real tiredness strike. It's still 40 minutes before I can nap but I'm already all ready for bed. Gotta struggle through it.

Day 4.3
Naptime: 10:15 - 10:30, 15 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 89h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 7
Time since last oversleep: 44 hours

I was tired, so I was in bed early. Therefore waking up full 10 minutes before alarm isn't that much of a surprise. But I'm still surprised how easy this is, that was fairly refreshing nap as well!

In terms of avoiding oversleeps, were very close to my personal best and in terms of succesful naps it's getting closer as well. But I haven't really hit a wall even once yet, that is amazing.

Today's Liverpool - Arsenal match is a little ankwardly timed, it starts 18:00 local time so I'd be sleeping 20th-40th minutes of the game. I'd like to shift it, but PureDoxyk's tips has scared me to not do it. According to her any shifting of schedule during adaptation kills the process. I have to say that I doubt that my napping so far has been adherent to the schedule. I mean, I've had so many under-lenght naps. How exactly can body even tell the difference? We'll see, but I'll believe her in the meantime - no shifting around.

Though that brings me to another shift. There might be still one soccer game left in the season, we'll decide on the basis if enough people come next wednesday. And it's 18:30. D'oh! I have to leave home earlier so that means at least 20 minutes of shifting and at the worst possible time. I will have been up of 120 hours straight if I can make it to then and it is supposed to be around the worst of the zombie-mode. But I have my priorities and I won't be skipping it, I might take the game easy but no skipping. If it adds day or two to my zombie mode, that sucks but I'll deal with it. And perhaps this will all look foolish when I oversleep tonight (I hope not). I'm kinda hoping it will be a rainy day, that way there's no need to even bother going to the pitch and I can nap on time (the forecasts are actually at the moment saying that it will rain).

Wow, tiredness is now creeping in and it's little over a hour after waking up. Now this is closer to my usual feelings, but still far from zombie-mode. Still, it has killed all of my productivity again. I'm just hanging around focusing on staying awake.

Day 4.4
Naptime: 14:20 - 14:40, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 93h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 8
Time since last oversleep: 48 hours

I was extremely tired upon waking up but now that the initial grogginess is passed I'm feeling fine. No doubt that this is only temporary. I got tired soon, but now it has gotten better again. I'll do some exercising next.

I lost Day's 4.5 and 4.6 data because of blogger's saving fuck up, however I luckily remember them:
Day 4.5
Naptime: 18:20 - 18:40, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 97h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 9
Time since last oversleep: 52 hours

Basic nap in the middle of the football match.

Day 4.6
Naptime: 22:20 - 22:40, 20 min
Mental: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Tiredness: 0 1 2 3 4 5
REM: No
Time since last proper sleep: 101h 40 mins
Succesful naps in a row: 10
Time since last oversleep: 56 hours

I had written again something fucked up in the initial sleep inertia after waking up, I don't remember it exactly so it's a shame that it got deleted. It was hilarious though.

I feel like I'm picking up the pace. This was lower productivity day than previous days, but I'm still nowhere near zombie mode. I'm amazed, but still sure that the true test of character will come and it might come soon.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti