maanantai 22. marraskuuta 2010

Day Five

Core
Sleeptime: 2:55-6:05
REM: 25 min
Deep: 85 min

Another Core that got overstreched and I almost needed the third alarm to survive this. For some reason the 2½ hours haven't been enough for getting all the REM I need. I wonder if I should add 20 minutes to my core to sort it out. If this happens tomorrow, I really need to start tweaking this. Plenty of deep sleep at least. I've consistently gotten nearly the same amount of deep than with monophasic. My problem with tonight's core was REM-phase that was uncalled for. I didn't have deep for half an hour because of that.

Considering the tough spot I woke up into, I feel pretty well now. My head has pretty much cleared and I'm glad to see that I didn't write any nonsense.

Nap 1
Sleeptime 8:10-8:30
REM: 15 min
Deep 0 min

Core and the first nap are the only constants so far within this schedule. Every morning I've had REM here, but frankly every morning it's also been nightmare. Today's was the slightest, my cat attacked me relentlessly, but still, it's a nightmare. I wonder what's that all about? I'd say this is set up to be my toughest day so far. I was really tired upon waking up from the core and that repeated for nap one. I snoozed for five minutes (I have Zeo set to alarm again in a minute so I don't even get back to sleep, just ride out the initial urge to stay in bed), until my phone's alarm went off and forced me to get up to shut it down.

Only 5 minutes more of REM and I will already have had more REM than yesterday. Already matching my worst day in terms of REM. My best REM day obviously was day two. I need 35 minutes more in my last three naps to match that. There's a chance for that if I only start having REM in my later naps and get sufficient amount of sleep on them, which I doubt will happen today though.

Nap 2
Sleeptime: 11:35-12:00, 12:30-13:30
REM: 15 min
Deep: ? min, presumably 0 min

First mistake in a while. I'm pretty certain I overslept. I didn't get up until 13.30. I was tired and had the usual problem of enjoying the warmth much. Last point I remember of being awake was 12:30. So perhaps I was a little under hour asleep. I'm split whether I should cut one nap or not. Then again, there's still enough time until the next nap so keeping the schedule will be best probably. I estimated the amount of REM, I didn't have the sensor on for the second nap. In other words, I remembered a dream.

That was completely unnecessary. I'm not as gutted as on Uberman, but still, I need to start getting up right away. I snoozed first for half an hour and then finally apparently fell asleep. But yeah, it isn't as drastic as on Uberman. Only naps that were working anyway so far were core and the first nap, and I don't think this should affect too much of my adaptatin. It might set me back a day or two, but nothing more. I'm not too angry because I have been still very fucntional under this schedule, so oversleep streching the adaptation is not too bad. Once again oversleeping has set me to incoherent babbling mode, so I'll quit now.

Nap 3
Sleeptime: 16:40-17:00
REM: 5 min
Oversleep was done and dusted by this time and I got another decent nap.

Nap 4
Sleeptime: 21:45-21:55
REM: 5 min
Deep: 0 min

Very short nap. I went to sleep a little late considering my mental state, but still managed to calm down relatively quick. Apparently there just wasn't much sleep left for today because I woke up 5 minutes before the alarm. Still, refreshing stuff.

Total sleep 5h 25 min
REM: 65 min
Deep: 85 min

I predicted this would be my toughest day after first nap and I was correct. First oversleep and none of the naps were easy to get up from. The weather just keeps getting colder which is another challenge. Makes just staying in the bed all the more tempting.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti