lauantai 27. marraskuuta 2010

Day Nine

efore I go for the core sleep of Day Nine, which will be shorter than normal (I got already some deep in the oversleep earlier, so I won't hopefully be needing that much of it anymore), I'll write up some thoughts about my naptimes.

Generally, the morning feels pretty good. In the days I've felt good right after waking from Core I've felt I could've done slightly longer first phase, but that's not really important and I'll be glad that it's short when I wake up dead. Second phase is pretty much the same, that said I've never had any trouble with the noon nap so I'm guessing my waking phase is pretty much correct.

The third nap is the ankward one. I'm usually tired a bit before it, but once it comes the time to do it, I'm no longer tired. So I'm postponing it a bit. I'll move it to 17-17:30 spot. It's not perfect but as this is Everyman, I can move it around a bit when I need. I'm not probably fully adapted yet with oversleeps and all, but I'm feeling good enough and I could live like this for the rest of my life. That's a statement of how mild adaptation has felt for me. As I have great dream recall as well I have zero desire to go back monophasic.

On to the evening nap, it's a bit ankward as well, I struggle to fall asleep (except today) and it leaves the last phase a bit long in the end end, I usually am already tired around 1.30-2 am. So I'll shift it a little later as well.

So my new, changed schedule aims for this:
Core: 3 - 5.30-6 as normal
Nap 1: 8-8.30
Nap 2: 11.30-12
Nap 3: 17-17.30
Nap 4: 22-22.30

Yeah... We'll see how that works.

Core: 4:20-7:30

Crapcrapcrap! Another oversleep. I've been set back quite a bit. This is not as bad considering my core was shortened, but what is happening to me? Now my next nap will come pretty much at the phase of very little wake-time.

Where's my discipline is the important question. The worst part here is that now I had all three alarms, yet they failed me. It will take a few days to recover from the damage that this had caused. I really hate myself for conditioning myself to stay in bed after the alarm, that is causing me so much trouble now. I'm degenerating back to the mess I was in the original Everyman attempts. I guess it's not that bad, I guess three oversleeep in nine days is not terrible especially when my totals haven't been changed that much, but still, at this pace I'll be back in the proverbial stone age if I don't get a grip of myself.

So now the plan is tightening up the naps again, so that the only problem there can be is the core. 20 minute naps rarely fail anyone, but longer than that can get you tired.

Now that I've calmed down a bit it doesn't feel as terrible. I overslept 1,5h in the evening and 1,3h for this core, but I was set to shorten my core by 1,5h anyway so in the end I've been sleeping only 1,5h too much. As the times that I've slept are quite close to my normal sleeping times, it won't probably be as bad as it seems. But I still suspect that this causes some extra tiredness and requires some extra effort. But I know now that I can't let my guard down even after plenty of days of success. I guess I need to have 15 succesful days in a row before I drop an alarm.

Nap 1
Sleeptime: 8:15-8:25
REM: 5 min
Deep: 0 min

Supershort nap, mostly due to me waking up early. It was refreshing though.

Nap 2
Sleeptime: 11:35-12:00
REM: 10 min
Deep: 0 min

At least I'm not as tired as I was anymore. Still, getting up was pretty fucked up.

Nap 3
Sleeptime: 17:20-17:30
REM: 5 min
Deep: 0 min

Well this day has been tough when you watch those REM-numbers throughout the day. At least I got up after only one snooze.

I had this idea of putting my alarms more closely together to force myself awake. Also I could put my phone into another room to really force myself up. I'll wake up to that sound, there's no doubt about that, even if I'm in another room. At the moment I have slightly too much time to get up.

Nap 4
Sleeptime: 22:10-22:30
REM: 5 min
Deep: 0 min
All the naps today were similar. I guess that five minutes helps a bit, but I'm a bit tired now and overall the day was pretty miserable. Morning's oversleep seems ancient history by now and I feel that I'll do a lot better tomorrow. Hopefully I got back to at least getting the first two naps right.

The most important thing is though to get proper data about the core, whether a change in lenght is needed.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti