torstai 21. heinäkuuta 2011

How to Have Your Core Sleep In Thunderstorm

Answer - it's pretty damn hard. So yeah, things keep happening, so updates stay frequent as well. Yesterday was pretty awesome, I woke up from all of my naps pretty effortlessly. Core got a bit tougher.

I woke up only after 20 minutes of sleep - my body must have thought it to be another nap, which is amazing in the sense that it seems to have already adjusted to waking up so quickly. Anyway, shortly after waking up refreshed and not really even feeling like going back to sleep to continue the core, I started hearing the first sounds of thunder in the distance. Soon enough a whole storm moved near and it was just like battlezone in terms of sounds. Every striking lightning brought this loud boom, a clear explosion sound.

I used to have a phobia of thunder and it still it raises my adrenaline levels. Besides, given that this was a particularly strong storm (for Finland's standards), I was even a little more jumpy than usual. So it was no wonder I really struggled getting to sleep.

I got under two hours of sleep before the alarm woke me and even that was marred with the occasional waking up etc. In the end I decided to have some mercy on myself and re-set the alarm to an hour later. However, once again there was another cell of thunder that woke me up with a heavy blast only half an hour later. But I'm fine with that, I didn't want to shift the times a lot anyway.

It raises a good point though. This was a tough circumstance so how do you deal with this kind of stuff? On the other hand, you don't want to limit your sleep too much, but on the other hand, you want to stick to your schedule. For me that has always meant keeping up with the waking times. But yeah, I think this was an acceptable spot where to shift a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if it affects me later today. It feels amazing to be at day four with such little trouble, but I haven't really even started yet.

What else... I guess that's it for now.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti